Bentley Acoustics, now hear this !

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schalk

For all colors of Music valveaudiosa.com
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys, fellow addicts to good sound, and of course JUDY :cleansound:

Received an email from Vaughan about three weeks ago requesting the price and modus operandi in acquiring one to try out. Apparently he was advised by our own GECKO (Rudi) that it might just work in the application. So some money changed hands (as I am too broke to just build one) and today I dropped it off an hour later than arranged due to mostly ME happening to MYSELF  :facepalm: Either Vaughan is just a nice guy, or he'd been forewarned because he just smiled...

We never got to connect the amp though as I was quite drawn in by the sheer number of speakers and systems all around the place. And Vaughan promptly and proudly (with reason) fired up a system connected to a set of small bookshelf loudspeakers and plonked me down center stage. Well, to say I was a bit flummoxed by the wall of sound that those little speakers managed to deploy to create a truly credible stage of magical proportions whilst being almost hidden by a host of other medium and large loudspeakers. One would have expected interaction in the sound stage due to all those copper colored cones humming in unison, but not that I could discern. What I did hear was a dynamic, well proportioned and beautifully balanced soundscape that had surprising bass scale and agility for the size with a smooth transition through expressive mids to a sweet, well defined and never in your face top rendition. These tiny tots I might add outplayed and outclassed an imported brand of three times the money value by no small margin. And this by using an amp that I would not usually listen to? Food for thought right there.

I do believe Vaughan is the mind behind the project, and Rudi made it work, in spades and across a complete range which is an astonishing feat in such a short space of time. All I can say is WELL DONE! Bentley Acoustics, Vaughan and of course, Rudi / Gecko.

I reckon at the very affordable rate these are amazing value for money, and I would guess, judging by the tiny tots, that the rest of the range as quite a few guys have experienced already would probably even be more so!

Now I hope the Predator does not spoil the broth ... :sweat: