Hifi Slush Fund

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PvA

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
So the last couple of weeks I had to start getting rid of hifi kit that wasn't being used as often as it should, or not at all.  Most of it was a rather emotional experience, as much of it had sentimental value in one way or the other.  But I convinced myself that at least to someone else it would be worth so much more, and that I would at least end up with a slush fund that I can dedicate towards that one thing that comes along on the forum once every blue moon...

BUT, now my question, is it just me, but every time I sell something where the money is purely to be put away into that slush fund, something f'n breaks?  Either a car, or plumbing or like the attempted break in we had last week which forced the installation of an outdoor beam etc.

I try to stay positive in the fact that at least by selling the kit, I had the funds available to perform the repairs.  But, still, swapping sentimental hifi kit for a security beam or brake pads...  :puke: